Closing date: 27th March 2022
We are seeking a non-executive director to join the Phenomics Australia Board. Please share with your networks.
Non-executive Director – Phenomics Australia Board
Role title: Non-executive Director
Board: Phenomics Australia
Term: Up to 5 years (potential for extension by invitation)
Phenomics Australia is a forward-thinking research infrastructure provider enabling research discovery and high-impact healthcare outcomes in precision medicine with a focus on supporting preclinical models of human disease. Phenomics Australia is supported by the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) program which ensures researchers in Australia have access to world class national research infrastructure.
We are seeking to appoint one additional independent member of the Phenomics Australia Board
The role of the Board is to provide oversight and strategic guidance for all Phenomics Australia activities and investments. Board members have extensive experience in setting and implementing scientific strategy and are predominantly forward looking, seeking to ensure Phenomics Australia strategic investments support cutting-edge technologies which meet the changing needs of its users and stakeholders.
Responsibilities of Directors
– Attend and contribute to quarterly Board meetings
– Contribute to the strategic planning process and assist with the implementation of same
– Attend Scientific planning and overview meetings (one per annum)
– Attend and contribute to relevant sub-committees of the Board
– Chair subcommittees of the Board when requested
– Be available for at least 2 out of session and special meetings per annum
Board members are expected to attend four Board meetings a year, at least one of which will be held in person if possible.
Desirable Experience and Attributes
– Appropriate tertiary qualifications and senior professional standing in a relevant field or profession.
– An in depth understanding of the importance of science & research in building Australia’s capability in innovation.
– Experience in governance and management of not for profit organisations.
– Ability to act as an advocate in stakeholder discussions and to foster collaborative relationships between industry, government and academia both nationally and internationally.
– An understanding of the workings of federal and state governments and the higher education sector and research institutions, especially those related to publicly funded infrastructures will be highly regarded.
In addition, Phenomics Australia is seeking Directors with specific skills that complement the skills of existing Directors; including:
– Experience in and knowledge of stakeholder engagement, particularly government relations; and/or
– Legal experience, preferably gained in higher education and/or research and its affiliated organisations.
Expressions of interest for this role are now invited. Please provide a short (250 word) statement describing your interest and suitability and attach a brief curriculum vitae.
For more information on Phenomics Australia please go to https://phenomicsaustralia.org.au/
Enquires can be directed to the Phenomics Australia Executive Office (email@example.com)
Further information below