On February 6th, the NCRIS Facilities convened in person at the Translational Research Institute (TRI) in Brisbane to showcase the services propelling therapeutic discoveries and facilitating research translation.
The event was hosted by Therapeutic Innovation Australia (TIA), the University of Queensland (UQ) and the Translational Research Institute (TRI). This seminar showcased extensive NCRIS facilities and services that propel therapeutic discoveries, foster collaboration, and ultimately facilitate research translation into tangible results and funding opportunities.
Phenomics Australia Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Dr Marina Trigueros had the opportunity to share with the audience insights about Phenomics Australia’s capabilities in precision medicine including how our expertise has underpinned projects looking into bowel cancer treatments and early detection kits, new antibiotics targeting drug-resistant bacteria, biocontrol of mouse plagues, as well as preventing mastitis and the control of parasitic nematodes in livestock.
The seminar presented a great opportunity for researchers and small businesses, to learn about extensive NCRIS world-class national research infrastructure, capabilities, and services, the co-designing process and how to advance research projects.
Stay tuned for upcoming NCRIS events in other states!
You can watch the seminar here:
We make it; you take it
• NCRIS Overview and Therapeutic Innovation Australia (TIA). Presented by Dr Stuart Newman, CEO of TIA.
• Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF). Presented by Dr Jane Fitzpatrick CEO of ANFF.
Omics and Data Management
• Bioplatforms Australia (BPA). Presented by Ms Sarah Richmond, General Manager of Science Programs at BPA.
• Phenomics Australia. Presented by Dr Marina Trigueros, Communications and Outreach Coordinator from Phenomics Australia.
• Population Health Research Network (PHRN). Presented by Dr Kate Miller, Science and Partnerships Coordinator from PHRN.
• Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC). Presented by Ms Natasha Simons, Director of National Coordination, from ARDC.
Seeing is believing
• National Imaging Facility (NIF). Presented by Professor Wojtek James Goscinski, CEO of NIF.
• Microscopy Australia. Presented by Professor Roger Wepf, Head of the Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis at UQ from Microscopy Australia.