Support for the production and phenotyping of preclinical models and their use for the development of new therapies is available. This opportunity is jointly funded by the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) through the Phenomics Translation Initiative (PTI) and the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) through Phenomics Australia (PA).
Support is available for:
- Production of gene-edited mouse strains, somatic human and mouse cell lines carrying allele(s) identified in patient(s) and / or
- Functional validation of alleles to prove causality to disease of interest (phenotyping of model) and / or
- Preclinical testing of potential therapeutics to specifically target the pathogenic pathway
Support is intended to complement other funding. Applicants should outline the resources they have to move the project forward towards an outcome (i.e. other funding/support or publication).
For more information on partners or for enquiries:
Phenomics Translation Initiative: https://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/research/centres/pti
Phenomics Australia: https://phenomicsaustralia.org.au/
- email@example.com or Miranda Liu, PTI Project Coordinator, 02 6125 5794
- firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Hennessy, Phenomics Australia, COO, 02 6125 7735